SoM

Student of the Month Story

Who: Student of the Month
What: An award around the school recognizes a student who stood out this month.
Where: Moon High School
When: February, 2, 2019
Why: To find out how this student was able to win the award and just what it took.
How: I interviewed the student asking them how they were able to win the award.

At Moon High School in Saint Paul, Minnesota after returning from winter break, another month from the school year has passed. Which also means another student of the month award, was handed out to the best student throughout the school. January's winner is Audrey Sweet. We sat down and interviewed her to see just how she was able to win the award.

Audrey believes she won the award fair and square, but there may have been other students in contention.

"If I did not win the award, I would have chosen Brock Shiono, because he works very hard and is very studious."

When asked what teacher helped her get to this point, she said something very surprising.

"Teachers don't help me at all, online answers is how I am able to finish my homework and projects. Plus I cheat on tests and quizzes to make sure I do not fail, because I never study.

Audrey's grades were also very important to be in the running of student of the month.


"B's are usually needed to be at least recognized for contention as student of the month, but my grades are mostly A's."

But it is not all perfect for Audrey because she struggles in one class.

"Algebra 1 is definitely the hardest class and gives out the most assignments. My grade in that class was a 76, but it was really hard."

The reward for student of the month is undisclosed but Audrey let us in on the secret.

"All you get is recognition, but I have no problem with that, I think it is enough, and makes my parents think I'm smarter than I am."

Teacher Shelly Quebec, Audrey's world geography teacher is baffled as to how her student won the award.

"All she does in my class is sleep, and answers no questions whatsoever, it's ridiculous. The voting for student of the month must be rigged or something."

Quebec is not the only confused as to how Audrey Sweet has won the award. Student Jeffrey Ontario, is baffled with his experiences working with Ms. Sweet.

"I am her lab partner this semester, and when I ask for help on a lab, all she does is go on her phone. And the teacher doesn't care either, so she lets her get away with it. And on tests she also cheats off of me blatantly and other people around me.

Comments

Popular Posts