Welcome Back, 2019

Welcome Back 2019

I liked this picture because I am a Cleveland fan and a huge fan of LeBron James, and am a bit sad from him leaving, but am also happy that "The Chosen One" came back to win a title with the Cavs.
I like this photo because I am also a huge soccer fan and watched the game, when France won 4-2 to win the World Cup in Russia.
I was interested in this because of the huge controversy of this scandal which ended with Larry Nassar being sent to jail for a very long time.

5 Prompts:

I picked Lucky You by Eminem feat. Joyner Lucas as my favorite/best song of 2018 because it signaled the comeback of Eminem and his album Kamikaze, and also the rise of a still very underrated rapper in Joyner Lucas who I had found out long before Lucky You came out and really like him, especially on this song. Though I am disappointed that such a well crafted song was not even named on the Billboard Top 100 of the year and only #71 on the R&B/Hit-Hop charts of 2018.

I'm choosing this as the best movie of 2018 and one of the best Marvel movies that I have seen in a while (Infinity War was good too). But Black Panther expanded the Marvel universe to different races and cultures than just the normal Brooklyn superheroes. Though it did not win any Golden Globes just two days ago, I believe that many people forget this movie because it was at the beginning of the year.
Slide 11 of 43

I think that this was one of the important stories of 2018, with Facebook releasing "secure and private" information onto their platform for the public eye to see. This ended up sending CEO Mark Zuckerberg to court and testify in front of a grand jury because of this controversy.


I picked Donald Trump as the most important person of the year. Not because he is our president and not because of his beliefs because I disagree with a lot of things that he says. But because of the controversy that he creates in the U.S, now, I am not saying that this is a good thing but it does create stories and catches the eyes of people. No matter what he does no one will fully agree with him, but he does not care as he does it anyway. But it will be a long 2 years til next election.

Image result for raheem sterling chelsea fans

I choose Raheem Sterling as my sportsman of the year because of what happened here in this picture. Sterling who plays for the soccer team Manchester City was the victim of racial abuse by some of the fans when playing away to other English team Chelsea FC. Sterling after the game called out English press for stereotyping black athletes. Sterling went to his instagram later to say "Good morning I just want to say , I am not normally the person to talk a lot but when I think I need my point to heard I will speak up. Regarding what was said at the Chelsea game as you can see by my reaction I just had to laugh because I don’t expect no better. For example you have two young players starting out there careers both play for the same team, both have done the right thing. Which is buy a new house for there mothers who have put in a lot of time and love into helping them get where they are, but look how the news papers get there message across for the young black player and then for the young white payer. I think this in unacceptable both innocent have not done a thing wrong but just by the way it has been worded. This young black kid is looked at in a bad light. Which helps fuel racism an aggressive behaviour, so for all the news papers that don’t understand why people are racist in this day and age all i have to say is have a second thought about fair publicity an give all players an equal chance" ( link to post https://www.instagram.com/p/BrKYvF3gH9e/?utm_source=ig_embed).This is why I believe Sterling should be noted for what he did as it was a bold move for him to call out some of the biggest journalism companies in the U.K.

Comments

Popular Posts