Architecture Preview #1

Architecture Preview #1

Atomium, Belgium


1. Jean and Andre Polak
2. Construction started in 1957.
3. Brussels, Belgium
4. You can visit the building.
5. 26 million euros.
6. It was constructed for the Brussels World Fair in 1958.
7. I picked this building because it had a catchy name and was eye grabbing because, you don't see things called Atomium very often. Also because you cannot assume what it is based on the name, with other places you can get a sense of what it will be modeled or based off of. Also it was in Belgium and I was interested in what the architecture would be like. In countries there are different architecture designs, so you can probably expect something different.

Kunsthaus Graz, Austria

1. Peter Cook and Colin Fournier
2. 2003.
3. Graz, Austria
4. Yes you can visit it.
5. $50 million dollars
6.  Was built as a part of the European Capital of Culture Celebrations.
7. I picked this because the name sounded interesting, and I could infer that it was foreign and, it told me that it was from Austria. I also liked the design of the art museum, as I learned that it was based off a biomorphic shape. It was fascinating to me what it looked like and how big the museum was.

Sculptured House:

1. Charles Deaton
2. 1963
3. Genesse, Colorado
4. Yes you can visit it.
5. $100,000
6. It is unclear but it was featured in Sci-Fi comedy Sleeper.
7. I picked this house because I have seen this before and, I was interested to learn more about it. I was also interested as to why it was called the sculpture house, as I thought someone actually sculpted the entire house together. I picked it because the design, to me is very cool and I would like to live in that house, shame its not for sale.

Eden Project

1. Nicholas Grimshaw
2. 1998
3. Bodelva, England
4. Yes you can visit it.
5. 141 million euros
6. It was used as a botanical garden, to show value of plants.
7. I chose this because the name sounded cool, and had me interested. I also picked it because it has a very cool design and, made think of bubbles when looking at them. It also reminded me of the Teletubbies for some reason, but has an interesting design to it with the biomes.

Burj Al Arab

1. Tom Wright
2. 1994
3. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4. Yes you can visit it.
5. 1 billiion USD
6. It is used as a hotel.
7. I have seen this and heard about it, and was interested in the architecture of the highly rated building. I was keen to learn about how they built the hotel and the cost of it. I also liked the name and sounded familiar to the worlds tallest building the Burj Khalifa. The Burj Khalifa is the tallest building in the world and also located in Dubai but this is one of if not the most luxurious hotels in the world.


Comments

Popular Posts