Extra Credit

Extra Credit

1. The man in the photo, Ki Suk Han was pushed onto the train tracks of a New York subway, whilst trying to calm down an individual but he was the one who pushed him onto them. The photographer Umar Abbasi was there on the scene which he describes as "I just started running, running, hoping that the driver would see my flash." But while trying to "help him" Abbasi was able to snap a few photos before Han was hit.
2. Abbasi says that "I just started running, running, hoping that the driver would see my flash." He says that he was unable to help him by the time the train would have hit Han.
3. No, I don't believe that he should have taken that picture because, think of the guys family and what they have to go through ever time they see that photo, besides mourning the death of him. Yes I understand that Abbasi probably could not have helped at the time but I still don' think he was in the right to do what he did.
4. I don't think that Abassi could have done much more, as I believe that he was trying to do the right thing but, it turned out to be something that he might regret, and I believe that he did the best thing he could in that situation.
5. I disagree with the idea to put that as the front cover, instead they should've put it as a separate story in that issue and have it as a normal picture in that article.
6. I think that you should put people's lives first instead of getting a story out of someones tragedy or death. Imagine that was you in that situation, would you want someone taking pictures of you? or someone trying their best to rescue you from a near death situation.
7. I think that a photographers first instinct should be to help someone instead of taking pictures because no one wants to see someone getting taken their life from them, because no one was able to help him/her.
8. I think that most of the time photojournalists should avoid influencing events in a negative way. I think that they need to influence it in a positive, such as helping them.
9. The appropriate response to this is #1  because it shows that no one tried to help him from the disaster and instead watch in horror of it. That is the problem with people these days though, whenever there is a tragedy or something that is that could possibly injure or damage them, they just pull out their phone and take pictures or videos, which is worrying and also sad because they don't care to help just laugh or be a witness.

Comments

Popular Posts